KAmodPCAL6408 is a module with the PCAL6408A chip from NXP. The module has 8 programmable inputs / outputs and is controlled by the I2C bus. Thanks to the programmable outputs of the interrupt generator, it is possible, for example, to wake up the microcontroller after detecting a change in the input state. The board is equipped with a standard Pmod connector and a KAMAMI connector, allowing for easy attachment of the module to development kits. Thanks to its small dimensions, the product can be used in many development projects, while the Pmod straight-through connector allows you to connect boards in rows.
Basic Features and Parameters
- NXP PCAL6408A chip
- 8 programmable inputs / outputs
- I2C bus
- Programmable interrupt output
- System address selectable (0x20 or 0x21)
- Pass-through connector compatible with the Pmod standard, allows for serial connection of Pmod I2C modules
- Connector compatible with the KAMAMI standard
- Built-in pull-up jumpers on the I2C bus lines
- Built-in jumper for connecting INT line of the system to INT line of Pmod connectors
- Built-in I2C address selector
- Possibility to power supply with voltage in the range 1.7-5.5 V through the Pmod connector and 1.8-5.5 V through the KAMAMI connector
- Mounting holes with a diameter of 2.5 mm
- Dimensions: 61.2 x 20.3 x 10 mm
Pinout description - Pmod standard straight connector
|JP1 (male connector)||JP2 (female connector)||I2C|
|VDD||VDD||Module power supply (max. 3.6 V)|
|SDA||SDA||The data line of the I2C bus|
|SCL||SCL||I2C bus clock line|
Pinout description - KAMAMI standard connector
|1 (VCC)||Module power supply (max. 5.5 V)|
|2 (SCL)||I2C bus clock line|
|3 (SDA)||The data line of the I2C bus|
|4 (GND)||Power ground|
I2C bus lines
The KAmodPCAL6408 module is equipped with jumpers that allow to connect the pull-up resistors to the positive power supply pole to the I2C bus line. Jumpers make it possible to independently turn on the pull-up for SDA and SCL lines.
I2C bus address
The KAmodPCAL6408 module is equipped with a jumper that allows you to change the address of the I2C bus. The jumper enables the address to be switched between 0x20 and 0x21.
INT interrupt line
The KAmodPCAL6408 module has a jumper for connecting the INT interrupt output line to a connector compatible with the Pmod standard. Thanks to the possibility of disconnecting the KAmodLIS35DE interrupt line from the Pmod connectors, the user does not have to worry about the consequences of possible conflicts resulting from connecting modules compatible with Pmod with different logical states.
Supply voltage jumper
The KAmodPCAL6408 module has a jumper that allows the module to be powered with the voltage supplied to the KAMAMI connector, omitting the 3.3V stabilizer. To configure the module this way the ZW1 jumper located next to the stabilizer should be soldered.