Difference between revisions of "KAmodRPiRTC"
(Created page with "__jzpdf__ ===== Description ===== KAmodRPiRTC is a functional expander for RaspberryPi and Raspberry Pi+ minicomputers, that make possible to equip them with RTC real time clo...")
Revision as of 14:22, 27 August 2018
KAmodRPiRTC is a functional expander for RaspberryPi and Raspberry Pi+ minicomputers, that make possible to equip them with RTC real time clock (M41T00S from STMicroelectronics offer) integrated with the calendar and automatic battery maintaining.
Basic features and parameters
- compatibility with minicomputer RaspberryPi and RaspberryPi+
- Communication with microporcessor systems via I2C interface (channel 0)
- Embedded one-chip RTC from STMicroelectronics (M41T00S)
- Extended I/O connector of RPi minicomputer
- Embedded battery to maintaining of RTC work
- Power supply voltage range 2.7...5.5VDC
- Power consumption <400 µA
The expander is adapted to cooperate also with RaspberryPi+ minicomputers
View of board
IN expander are used a single-chip RTC M41T00S from STMicroelectronics. The system is a complete calendar, it is also equipped with a monitor of the supply voltage level and an automatic switch connecting the battery supply voltage in the event of a failure of the main supply voltage. The M41T00S chip communicates with the microprocessor of the RPi minicomputer (RPi+) using the I2C interface (channel 0).
The lines used for RTC communication with the microprocessor are shown in the table below.
|Line||Function||Number of GPIO pin||Comments|
|GPIO2||SDA||3||Lines pulled up to +3,3 V with 4,7kΩ resistors|
|GPIO3||SCL||5||Lines pulled up to +3,3 V with 4,7kΩ resistors|
Installation of expander on RaspberryPi minicomputer