KAmodEXP2 module allows easy connection of 8-bit bidirectional I/O port expander to any system with I2C interface
- MCP23008 I/O port expander (Microchip)
- 8 GPIO bidirectional lines
- I2C interface (up to 1.7MHz)
- Configurable I2C address (8 combinations)
- Configurable interrupt output
- 25mA sink/source capability per I/O
- Operating voltage 1.8...5.5VDC
- Kamami standard I2C connector (compatible with most of Kamami evaluation boards)
I2C lines (without pull-up resistors!) are available on Con1, Con2 and Con3 connectors. Pinouts are shown on figure below.
Expander GPIO lines are available on 10-pin IDC connector (Con4). Pinout is shown on figure below.
MCP23008 address lines (A0, A1 and A2) are connected to JP0, JP1 and JP2 jumpers. All address lines have pull -up resistors.
Interrupt output and reset input lines are available on Con5 connector. Pinout is shown on figure below.
===== Connection KAmodEXP2 is equipped with Con1, Con2 and Con3 connectors for connection with KAMAMI evaluation boards with compatible I2C connector (STM32Butterfly, ZL30ARM, ZL15AVR, ZL16AVR, ZL5PIC etc.). For this purpose you can use CAB_HU04-30 cable available at kamami.com